Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Cloud

Gupta, Shreya. "Bon Voyage? Things about Airplanes That Will Shock You!" Teengazette. N.p., 15 Nov. 2015. Web. 7 Jan. 2016. <http://www.teengazette.com/bon-voyage-things-about-airplanes-that-will-shock-you/>.

  
Destitute. It almost killed us. Our government was our enemy. We didn’t know who was our neighbour and who was the spy. Being poor and different made it impossible to live there, in Centorails. Poverty made me feel empty inside. Sitting on this plane meant that we, my friends and I, were leaving our families and all our belongings behind.

As the plane took off, I closed my eyes. I was so scared that karma would hit me for stealing money from my parents. I loved them dearly, but I had to save myself from the government. All of a sudden, I felt the agitation of the plane.  The flight attendant said something I couldn’t hear due to all the screaming. I felt the plane falling intensely. I was glad. I thought that all my suffering was going to end, I thought I no longer had to run away. Then, I saw flashing images of my little sister and parents. The guilt unexpectedly paralyzed me. What will happen to them if I die?  The plane sprang upwards abruptly and immediately came to a stand still. As I glanced out of the window, I saw extraordinarily white clouds as far as the eye could see. I felt dazed and disoriented. Am I in heaven? I looked around me to ask Amy and Jenna what was going on, but nobody was there. The plane was entirely empty. At that moment, I was ecstatic that I hadn’t died. I realized that despite how bad I felt, I had a family which supported and loved me. I was happy to be alive. Some people have worse lives. Finally, I had the courage to step out of the plane, only to find myself standing on a cloud. It was fluffy and bouncy just like I had seen in cartoons. While admiring the exquisite sunset, a warm breeze brushed against my skin. Just like the dense cloud, I no longer felt empty inside. I felt content.

I heard the sound of footsteps behind me, so I turned around, and I saw lightLight that I had never seen before. It was my family; I had never felt such joy. I looked around and saw the city of Centorails being rebuilt into the old Centorails, where it was peaceful: the Centorails of my childhood. A place where we could say whatever we wanted and the government wouldn’t shatter us. Along with the city being rebuilt, I saw the people who where with me on the plane walking around. It felt like we were getting a second chance, living in the clouds. A fresh start with a magical mansion, just like the one I had always dreamt of. This wasn't a dream. This was our reality.


Centorails - it is a fictional city


1 comment: