Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Scare

Pain, sadness, stress, isolation, insecurity, misery, desperation, overwhelmed, lonely, afraid, and concerned were not enough words to describe how I felt. I took the pregnancy test, “First Response,” and boom. There it was. Two neon pluses shining brightly into my eyes. What was I going to do? How was I going to hide this from my parents? What was I going to tell my boyfriend?
The next day, I went to school still not knowing what to tell my boyfriend. Suddenly, I saw him from the corner of my eye and decide to, in a burst of confidence go to talk to him. I rapidly walk to him and ask him to have a talk. He says, “Sure, babe.” We walk to a quiet corner, and I instantly start hysterically crying.
“I’m pregnant!” I said.
He gave me a panicked look and said, “ How can this be? Are you kidding me? We used protection, Babe.”
“I don’t know what to say, I didn’t even tell my parents yet,” I told him.
He replied back, “Babe, I have to go to class, but after school we really have to go and talk to your parents, because I’m not ready to raise a baby right now.” The conversation ended like a shattered piece of glass. We planned to meet at my house after school to tell my parents the big news.
The doorbell rang and I rushed to open the door. He nervously whispered to me, “Are you ready?”
I quietly answered, “Not really, but we have to tell them the news... I need the support.” We sat down in the living room waiting for my parents to come downstairs. My mom and dad sat on the couch, and immediately my mom asked, “Is everything ok?”
My boyfriend opened his mouth and started saying, “Mrs. and Mr. Lee, I really didn’t...”
While he is talking I hear the television playing a commercial about how the company, “First Response” sold fake pregnancy tests to more than 100,000 people. I instantly smack my hand onto his mouth, and say, “Mother and father we just gathered you here today to tell you that he is taking me to prom.” Mom and dad reacted in pure excitement.
I gently took my hand off of my boyfriend’s sweaty mouth. He didn’t know what was happening. He thought I got cold feet and decided not to tell them. It took him a while to understand that, that was not the case. I made hand gestures. I whispered to him. I kicked him. Nothing helped. He still didn’t get it. I took him to my room and explained it to him. His response was ecstatic. He hugged me so strongly, I couldn’t feel my body for weeks. This pregnancy scare made me understand how much passion, care, and love he has for me.

"Fake Pregnancy Pranks Have Become More Popular." Clapway. N.p., 02 Sept. 2015. Web. 07 Jan. 2016.





No comments:

Post a Comment