Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Dreaming


    girl-sleeping
    "Exercise or Sleep?" Exercise or Sleep? The National Personal Training Institute of Northern Virginia, 3 July 2013. Web. 21 Jan. 2015.
    I was in a deep sleep when I woke up from a crazy war nightmare, dreaming through the eyes of a soldier. I was killing and saving soldiers of all ethnicities, I felt distraught. I was put into another body and I had no clFue how I was to get out and go back to reality. Once I killed what felt like more than 10 bodies, my body trembled as I woke up to my mother hovering over me in worry. She told me to take deep breaths while she softly pet my hair. I told her it was just a bad dream and that I'm going to go back to sleep, and that I'm fine.

       The next morning I woke up with blood covering my hands. I had no clue how it got there. I wasn't bleeding so how could it just appear? I was confused. I couldn't wrap my head around it. How could my hands be covered in blood if I wasn't bleeding? I washed my hands and continued  with my daily routine.

      That night I didn't wake up in the middle of the night and my dream was mellow and clear. I was on a beach walking by the water and I felt light and airy. I woke up and felt a weight off my shoulders. It was like all my problems went away and I was back on that beach again. I looked down and found next to my bed  an puddle with sand and a starfish in it. It was the mid- winter in Oklahoma, the closest beach was more than 1,000 miles away.
      The next day my mother asked me if I was fine, because she said that I was making noises that sound like waves crashing against rocks. I was really confused as to how all of this was happening. I was once normal, but now I just feel strange.For two days in a row mysterious things have happened, hopefully tomorrow it will end. That night when I fell asleep I felt I was falling out of the sky. I couldn't breathe because I was so high up. I was gasping for air. As the Earth was getting closer, I could make out streets and buildings.

      I was slowly dying as I got closer to land. I was probably 10 feet above earth, ready for impact and trying to scream, but only heard silence before I woke face down in my bed in the same position as my dream. That morning on the news a girl my age that looked similar to me was found dead crushed in the next town over from mine. My mother and I were talking about it and we both agreed that it was fairly creepy how this dead girl looked like me. It was like she was my doppelganger. I couldn't wrap my head around it. I felt a connection with her, I found myself crying for her. After breakfast I went to my room and I felt her pain from her injuries.

      I sometimes just fell to the floor and lay there because my arms, legs, and feet wouldn't work. I was screaming at the top of my lungs because I thought I had become a snake. Once my mother came I could feel my body again. So I  just went to take a nap because my brain was starting to hurt too much and I was spacing out a lot. During my nap, I saw myself as a toddler with my parents at the park. I saw my parents go sit down at the benches while I went down the slide. It was like it is the past; everything was the same as I remembered it.

       The only thing that changed was some man came up to me and showed me this doll I wanted at the store, but my parents wouldn't buy it because I already had a lot of toys. They said. I followed the man because he said he has all three versions of them. I just saw myself go into that man’s car, while my parents just sat there and talk to each other and not watch me. I couldn't believe before my eyes that my parents weren't doing anything, and that I was too far away to stop it.

       When I woke up I was in an all white room, confined to a very uncomfortable bed that you can feel each and every spring on your back. There were pictures of baby animals with cheerful quotes. For a moment I thought the animals came out of pictures and were talking to me. Then a man in all white came in and forced pills in my mouth.When I spit them out towards him, he injected a needle into my right arm vein. Then it went black.

    2 comments:

    1. This is a good story, Maddy. I like the suspense.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I liked the unexpected ending, it thew me off and shook me a little.

      ReplyDelete