Thursday, January 22, 2015

What Goes Around Comes Back Around



"PremierLife.ca – Teenager-sleeping-in-bed–002." PremierLifeca. PremierLife.ca, n.d. Web. 23 Jan. 2015.

I was beyond nervous. I couldn’t even touch the pancakes my friend Lily’s parents had tossed onto my plate.
“Shoot, it’s 12:30 PM! I got to go home!” I said.
I proceeded upstairs and brushed my teeth. I looked in the mirror at the dark bags below my eyes. Last night was insane, and I was exhausted.
“Why are you brushing your teeth now? You’ve already brushed them like five times, Rachel!” Lily asked.
“My breath still smells like alcohol. My mom will kill me if she finds out I was out and drinking!” I responded.
I had been exceptionally stressed and nervous about drinking because my mom had caught me less than a week ago. My mom told me this was my last chance to prove her wrong about me. Lily just sighed and looked puzzled at me. I finished brushing my teeth and made my way home. My body was quickly dominated by my emotions, and I had created thousands of scenarios of what would happen when I came home. Did my mom find out about last night? And if so, did she know I drank? Once I reached home, I glanced at the mirror adjacent to the front door. My dark bags were even darker and my guilt had risen. I started walking upstairs towards my bedroom. All I wanted was sleep. I was tired. As I approached my room my mom called me.
“Rachel, come down to the kitchen!”
I shuffled to the kitchen. I began to sweat. I was extremely nervous. I stood next to my mother, but I tried to keep my distance so she couldn’t detect my involuntary shaking.
“Rachel, there’s something we have to talk about! I am incredibly angry. I am in disbelief and I am feeling betrayed!” Mom said sternly.
I didn’t know what to do. “Mom, I’m so sor-...”
“I can’t believe our cleaner stole money from me! I looked at the cameras around the house and I saw her stealing money!” Mom yelled.
I was so relieved, I was in a state of euphoria.
All of a sudden I felt someone shaking me. My eyes flew open and I scanned the room. I was in my bed. I had actually ended up going to bed after I had arrived back home from Lily’s. It was all a dream. I looked up and my mom was standing next to me.
“Rachel, we have to talk!” Mom yelled angrily.

















1 comment: