Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Labyrinth

Silverio, Ben. "Disney Picks Up 'Labyrinth' From Black List Writer." ScienceFictioncom RSS. N.p., 2014. Web. 21 Jan. 2015.

You found something, it looks like a note, of some sort, but how can that be after such a long time?

“Hello there reader, my name is Jack. I have been here at least for two weeks. This place is most likely underground, because this structure can’t truly be real, can’t truly exist above ground. The layout is square rooms connected by four corridors. The architecture doesn’t look all that great, just plain cement with some white light, which I haven’t figured out the origin of. The only separation in this seems to be the plain normal doors. It seems to be too perfectly built to be from a human source. If anyone ever finds this note, keep reading which way in this labyrinth I turned so that one day we’ll be able to meet.”

You’re extremely happy that you found evidence of some other human down here. The last thing you remember is that two men in black suits dragged you into a car and injected you with something odd. This was, in your opinion, the last interaction with a human.
The next thing that you remember is that you awoke in this construction. The only thing you had on yourself were the clothes you wore. But they smelled  freshly cleaned,  yet extremely acidic. The kind of smell that floods your senses when you enter a hospital. Now you have frequent blackouts that seem to have no origin.
Feeling happy, you also start thinking about your family and friends. Starting to think of them brings a tear to your eye. A thought like a bullet shoots through your brain; now you remember your drinking buddy / co-founder of your company is also called Jack. Could it be him? No, but … wait … it could.You know that your company did pull a lot of people down into the dirt. Maybe one of them could have taken revenge and organized this.
You wake in a cold sweat, freezing. But you didn’t awake because of a nightmare. It was as if something was leaning over you. That’s what woke you up. You jump onto your feet and look around… nothing. Slowly, too slowly perhaps, you calm down. You write it off to the meds that they gave you. Then you see it - another note.

“Hello there reader, this is Jack again. I thought of a way that we can meet one day. I’ll just tell you where I went and you’ll know where to go. Good? Well, something different. I just noticed that I didn’t find anything to eat or drink, but I also didn’t need it, surprisingly. Hope to meet you soon. I went left.”

You are excited, but also intrigued. How didn’t you see that note before? On the bright side of things you have a lead.  You were heading to a place where you might meet another human being. But what if he isn’t what he says he is? You don’t know what could be in these corridors. You better make sure there aren’t  any traps. Also something else is concerning you: he is right; you too don’t feel the need for eating or drinking.

“Ok, I have to make this quick now. I feel like I’m being followed. I’ll still write in hope that another human being might find me, but it makes me feel unsafe. These notes will stay very short and I won’t stay in a room for too long. If this a…hole, Janson, is behind this situation, I’ll kill him personally. I go forwards.”

Janson, that’s my name, you think to yourself.
Something following? You don’t feel that, now do you? Maybe this guy is a nut job and he might kill you for no reason. But seeing that he’s your only hope for human interaction, it would be best to hope for a positive outcome.

“Ok, I definitely saw something following me, I don’t think it saw me though. I need to be quick for now. I go right again.”
The moment you woke up; you notice a red substance on you heads and head. It might have been that you blacked out and then fell down on your head. Yeah! That must have been it.
From the moment that you walked into the room, you felt like someone shoved a hand full of copper coins into your mouth. Did you come too late? There is no body. Nothing. Now you see in the corner of the room - Jack’s notebook on which stood …

“Help! … Jack stopped.” The last part was written in a red substance.

That was all that stood on the page. The most interesting thing was though that there was a red sticky substance from which the odor seemed to originate.
You start feeling great despair. Jack was the last person you knew that was down here. Or was it, you can hear tapping. Fresh meat has arrived. You grin.

1 comment:

  1. It's a really good concept and I like how it's written in second person which is rarely used. It feels like a video game or something :)

    ReplyDelete