Monday, October 13, 2014

Distortion

"Love Couple Girl Cute Beautiful Hipster Vintage Indie Grunge Boy Cuddles Dark Vintage." • Grungewhoresss •. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2014.

People always talk about sunrise.

How it looks so beautiful from wherever they are. People wake up at 4am just so that they can see it happen. People believe that the sunrise cleanses them, calms them, they love it and crave it and it lights up their features and just betters their day. 

That’s what he was to me, the sunrise

--

I silently walked up the stairs of the dingy apartment I had managed to live in for a year. The stairs creaked every step I took, which made me clench the pack of cigarettes I held in my pocket even tighter. I wasn’t necessarily a smoker per say, but sometimes my anxiety just got the better of me, and all I could think of was inhaling tar and nicotine at 3am on my rooftop. I reached the big steel doors that were discoloured and peeling from their lack of attention and let out a big breath. Stairs were really not my thing, well, anything physically demanding was not my thing. I slowly pushed aside the doors with the side of my body as I pulled out a cigarette and lighter. 

“You know, smoking kills”, I heard someone say. 

I turned around and saw the silhouette of a male around my age sitting on the edge of the roof looking straight at my hand currently occupied with a lit cigarette.

“You know,” I said. “so can sitting on the edge of a rooftop.” 

He looked stunned at my reply and I just scoffed and took a long drag of the now almost-finished cigarette between my fingers and sat on the floor. He slowly removed himself from the edge his position and stalked towards me, “Mind if I have one?” he asked as he sat beside me. 

“I thought smoking kills?” I smirked as I handed him a newly lit cigarette (and helped myself to one too). 

“I’m already dead.”


I felt peppery kisses all around my face and neck as I slowly woke up. I curled my arms around him and held him closer as I smiled at the colour he brought in the cold November morning. 

“I might’ve burnt the kitchen”, he said.

I opened my eyes and saw the blue eyed boy half smiling down at me as I stared at him

“Lucas, how in the hell can you not even make a pancake?” I asked, internally groaning.

I looked at the boy sitting on the counter watching my hands move around the kitchen. 

“I don’t know,” he said. I wanted to make you breakfast in bed, but it wasn’t very edible when I tasted it.” 

I shook my head and put a chaste kiss to his lips as I took over cooking.



“I swear to god there was a lake here” he grumbled as he pulled up to some deserted spot in the forrest. 

“There was a lake here- like fifty years ago” I laugh as I pointed at the sign covered in moss. 

He pouted as he saw my amused face and I just laughed even more, for once Luke had actually wanted to go out in public but it ended up failing and I guess that just explained our luck.


“Why don’t you ever want to meet my friends?” I yelled while crying. 

“I told you, I can’t go out, I don’t go out” he yelled back, equally distressed. 

“You’re just a f***ing coward, a f***ing coward who doesn’t love me and I love you so much it physically aches” I ended up screaming well I slowly slid down to the floor, sobbing and clutching my sides. 

I felt two hands snake around my waist and pull me up. 

“I love you, I’ll always love you” he said with a kiss to my forehead as he laid me on the beaten up couch in the living room.

“Always”


I whispered Luke’s name multiple times as I had woken up to a thunder storm and everything in my room looked like it was possessed. I shook him as much as possible but he still didn’t budge. I sighed and sat up in bed, leaning against the headboard. I had been awake for almost an hour but with every clap of thunder I woke up even more. 

“Jaimee?” I heard Lucas lightly call.

I looked down and saw his bright blue eyes looking up at me in concern. I sighed and lay back down as I cuddled him. 

“Is the thunder scaring you?” he asked, chuckling as I jumped when I saw the room illuminate from another lightning strike. 

I slowly nodded and pushed my head into the crook of his neck as he lifted my shirt and drew patterns on my back, slowly lulling me to sleep.



Lucas played guitar almost as well as he sang; he’d been a cheesy boyfriend and ended up serenading me with my favourite song. Although he got most of the lines wrong, it was cute. I couldn’t help, but fall deeper for him every day. His blonde hair was always styled to perfection, even in the mornings - he looked like a goddamn Calvin Klein model.


I woke up to the lights flickering on and off throughout the building. 

“Lucas?” I called out. 

We’d fallen asleep on my bed together but he wasn’t on the bed. I rolled over to his side and looked towards the door. I got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom. I gasped as I saw him lying on the floor with barely any colour. 

“Luke!” I dropped to the floor and touched his chest, his eyes flew open and softened as soon as they landed on me. 

“Always” he softly blew out.


Jaimee Lee Anders was put into Sunny Grove Mental Hospital on May 1st as she was certain that she had fallen in love with a boy named Lucas over the past few months. Lucas Thomas Irwin had died in 1955 from jumping off the Real Towers building, which is still in existence today. It was in this building that Jaimee had taken up residence.Jaimee is currently being treated for multiple personality disorder, anxiety and mild depression. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete