Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Man That Sees Through

You may have seen many kids always blabbing on about how they want to be a superhero, astronaut or a doctor. What really happens to them? Nothing, they become nothing because of their silly imaginations. When I was younger I could see things, and when I looked into someone’s eyes I could see their thoughts. This is why I am now solving crimes. I was never on the front lines but in the interrogation rooms. Here in New York, I am the best of them all. When I look into someone’s eyes it is like I can see into their mind and soul, everything is open to me. I cannot abuse this because it is part of my morals, only for work, nothing else. I can tell whether someone is lying through their body language, and if it becomes harder, through their eyes. There is also a force that is out of this world that I can sense sometimes; this all is determined through the level of my concentration.

In this investigation, I was working with a nutjob, said to have killed his wife in front of their two-year-old child, then left the baby and fled the scene. This was two weeks ago because we only just found him hiding in the streets on New York City, pretending to be a homeless man. I was waiting inside of the interrogation room when Lieutenant Norris came in. “Hello Julian, I am here to debrief you,” he explained. So then he went on to tell me. “We are dealing with a 6’1’ caucasian male named Richard. He and his wife were in a heated argument when Lucy threw a plate towards his direction. This enraged him and he threw something, and then started pulling her hair. She was kicking him. Slowly the knife was pulled out and boom, that’s all we know from him, never said that he actually did anything, and that she killed herself, you need to go find out what happened,” Lt. Norris suggested. “Ok sure,” I replied and I went into a new interrogation room.

The walls in this room were yellow, when I entered Richard’s back was facing me, his hands shackled down to the desk. When I turned to look at him, I instantly knew that he was going to be harder to crack. His face was weary with a long beard from all the days spent in the streets, with scratches on his face. He asked me, “Are you the psycho ‘mind readers’ everyone has been talking about?” I hate that so much. I am not like those awkward street magicians who can read minds. No, I have greater capacities, seriously have you seen what they say? Duh? what they ‘predict’ is obvious, it’s mad! Anyways I was asking him questions, making him feel calm so I can connect to him easier but the more questions I asked the more I realized he was someone who will be harder to crack, I needed heaps of concentration and need to break a few rules.

I first proved to him that I was not crazy, so I brought an embarrassing story of himself to mind from the past, I could feel Lt. Norris being a bit uncomfortable about me doing this even from the one-sided mirror. This then made it easier for me to see into him. I was also hoping that he would be proven guilty so he doesn’t beat me up later if we bump into each other! I was now at the stage where I could ask him questions and see whether he has any unusual body movements or anything that is easier to see through him. After 15 minutes it was then time for the main question, “Did you kill Lucy?” I knew that he knew it was coming for him and when I began the sentence I knew he did, the iris of his eye had the small pigment moving more rapidly, this then made me know, it was very unusual that he gave it in so quickly. “Yes, I did" he said. Once he said that I was a massive state of surprise, why did he give in so easily? “I don’t deserve to be free! I killed my boy’s mother in front of him! Why oh why did I ever do such a thing?”  As he said that I saw it was like a massive load was off his back, “Take me now,” he begged “take me”.

On the day of the court trial he was looking much better, he wore a suit and shaved his face. He wasn’t allowed to see the baby because of what he did. There was still a judge case anyway, because the lawyer said that Richard had some mental issues. This why he confessed to us, UGH! lawyers. So we had no choice but to let there be a court case. The judge was yapping and yapping and Lt. Norris and his lawyer were also yapping and yapping while I was just staring at the walls. I hate the judge, that isn’t justice, justice is the truth, what I can find out. “Mr. Richard Larry, I sentence you to life imprisonment for the murder of Ms. Lucy Larry and for child cruelty,” the judge exclaimed. As she said all the people in the whole room, people were gasping, whispering and crying. “Order in the court! Order in the court!” she said while slamming her silly shiny wooden hammer that looked like something I played with when I was three on the desk.

That was that, Richard was put where he was meant to be and Lucy’s friends had her funeral and little Billy was put in an orphanage because Lucy was the only child of parents who were only children. Ever since that case I haven’t have a proper sleep pattern for weeks, something about Richard made me weaker in my lie detection skills, this is very unusual but I am still to this day finding an explanation. Why did he just give himself in? Did the pigments in his iris change because he got his confession off his chest or because of another reason? This is what comes of The Man Who Sees Through.


"Interrogation Room." screenshots, images and pictures. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2014. <http://www.comicvine.com/interrogation-room/4020-57795/images/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment