Sunday, October 19, 2014

What Will We Eat Next?


"Used Tires." Wholesale Used Tires.
Rayan Used Tire Wholesale, n.d. Web. 17 Oct. 2014.
 
 
"McDonald’s Takes Down Starbucks."
 Guardian Liberty Voice.
 Guardian Liberty Voice, 9 Feb. 2014. Web. 17 Oct. 2014
 
 
 
7/19/2194
Dear Diary,
[Come and get our new menu! McTires-All healthy and all organic
Try out our new slushi as well! Orient-oil slushi]
McTires’ release is tomorrow and I’m going to McDonalds with my friend Patricia, who will be filming for me. I can’t wait!



I’m Teresa, 16, and I’m a huge fan of McDonald’s. I post reviews on Youtube of newly introduced burgers and any other McDonalds food you can find here in Spain. I don’t just eat and share my thoughts, but I actually tear the burgers apart and explain what’s in them as well. Thanks to my fans I reached 13 million views on my last video, ‘How to enjoy crispy french wires with iron-ato ketchup.’ Why do I like McDonalds? Well, there are a number of reasons why but I’ll mention three. First, the fresh and healthy ingredients. McDonald cultivates its own crops from wood-berries to iron-ato. (By the way iro-nato is the round, red colored fruit, you all know that right?) Second, they never disappoint me with new menus. They are always creative and thoughtful in providing healthy food for us! Lastly, they maintain a clean cooking environment: no dust, no bugs, and no vegetables. This is crucial. There are some restaurants that smuggle green veggies like cabbage and radish that I never, ever want to imagine having in my food and it’s also illegal. Cheap, unhealthy stuff never is included at McDonald’s.


The next day
“Pat!! Hurry up!!” I shouted. I waved my hands so that she could clearly see where I was.
“I’m coming!” Pat replied.
I was so eager that it felt like hours waiting for her to just walk from her class to the gate.
“Get on your bike and let’s go! Pat, you brought the camera?”
“Yup.”
“Brought the mic?”
“Yup.”
“Ok, we’re all set!

At McDonalds
As we entered the building, I could already smell the lovely scent of burgers and wires. There was a long line of people by the counter, all wanting to try the new burger. It was a crowded place, but I always liked this atmosphere, so waiting in line wasn’t a big deal for me. After waiting 15 minutes, it was our turn and as usual we ordered 2 of each new food. After waiting another 10  minutes, we were able to get our food and we sat at the table by the corner so we could film in a quiet place.
“Ok Pat. Start filming.”
Filming
“Hellooo! This is Teresa and today I’ll be introducing you the new burger, McTires. I haven’t tried it yet, but just by looking at it makes me drool! The burger on the outside looks like McMetal but with tire buns. I’ll open it up and explain all the ingredients. I can see McDonalds tried their best to make the buns look as tasty as putting washer seeds on them. ……Wait.” I stopped talking.I saw something. A green something in between the tire and the silvery metal meat.
“What’s wrong? You were doing great till now.” Pat noticed something was going wrong.
“Is that a green leaf that I’m seeing?” I asked her back to make sure I wasn’t daydreaming.
“What? You kidding?”
“No, I really mean it. Come and have a look!”
“…it is…a green leaf.”
I was shocked. I couldn’t believe my eyes that I actually saw green stuff on my burger. I trusted McDonalds my 16 years of life that they only used healthy ingredients.
“Teresa, what should we do now?”
“Pat, I am so disgusted by McDonalds. Keep filming and let’s spread this word out to the world.”
“Okay. Back to the video. I had to stop filming because I saw a freaking green leaf in my burger! As you all know, I’m a great fan of McDonalds but I can’t stand this. They actually used vegetables….”

Next morning
Breaking News
Good morning, and here is a shocking news.
McDonalds, a restaurant renowned for using only healthy ingredients, was revealed to have been smuggling green vegetables through a secret route via shipping. Last night, the popular Youtuber, teen Teresa, has uploaded a video on what was supposed to be an introduction of the new burger, McTires. However, after discovering a piece of green leaf in the tire buns, the video became an expose to the world. The word is spreading quickly and there are boycott movements beginning. And yet, McDonalds hasn’t made their official announcement. MBS News, Andrea.
It was the top story on the morning news. The entire world knew. The video I posted was viewed 8 million times just in one night.
Then there was a phone call for me.
RRrrrrring
“Hello?”
“Hi Teresa, it’s me, your grandmother.”
“Aww granny, so nice to hear from you!”
“I saw your name in the news today, you know, about McDonalds.”
“Oh yeah, I still can’t believe McDonalds did that! I am really disappointed.”
“I wanted to tell you a little story, is it an okay time to do that right now?”
“Sure. What is it?”
“About 100 years ago when I was your age, we would have never dreamt of eating tires, drinking oils, or anything like that. Rather eating vegetables was a normal thing to do. So much happened during the next 100 years that we ended up assigning vegetables as toxic and started eating manufactured materials.”
“Really? How come you never told me that before? What happened in the 100 years?”
“After seeing the morning news today, I thought I had to tell you this. Darling, when I was young, the whole world was green unlike the one we live in now; all grey and deserted. I would grow my own fruits and vegetables to eat. Then all of a sudden, an obsolete satellite hit the Earth and changed the whole world. Well, it wasn’t all of a sudden actually. We all caused this by ourselves, technological development was happening rapidly that no one could stop. Me and a few others were the only survivors of the incident and we decided to keep this a secret and rebuild the world.  I’m afraid what we will be eating after the next century if another massive change happens to the world. Maybe there won’t be enough metals, rubbers, and wood for all of us to eat by then.”
Then she hung up, leaving behind so many questions in my head.That was the end of the call with no further explanation.


No comments:

Post a Comment