Thursday, February 7, 2019

Fingers


Image result for finger friends

“Who Are Your Friends?” Mysite, Mysite, 9 July 2016, www.allthingscounseling.net/single-post/2016/07/09/Who-Are-Your-Friends.

Two years have passed since I was formally introduced to the last of my five closest friends. Ethan was the first friend I knew. The earliest memory I have of him was when I was three. He was nearby when I thought some of my other friends had stolen a toy bus that I had. Aidan is a close friend of mine who always points out things that I think are interesting; he is also really close to Ethan. Aidan has ended up sharing a lot of the activities in which another one of my friends participates. This friend is Yusei. Yusei, Aidan, and Ethan help me write and draw which makes sense because all three are extremely creative.

Creativity is one thing that all of my closest friends have in common, as well as always being there for me when I need a hand. Especially when I just need help to grasp something. One of my newer but still very close friends, Claire, has helped me put my hair up a time or two, although she has only braided my hair once. Claire also shares an interest in volleyball, just like Yusei, and my furthest friend (at least in proximity) Sarah. If I am being honest though, all of my friends play volleyball because I do. These friends do almost everything together, which is nice because they also work very well with each other, no matter the differences between them. I can think of many times when my friends tied my shoes, fell asleep at the same time, and helped me make money.

Last time I made a lot of money with my friends was this past summer. I make money with them by working for my granddad’s construction company “Southern General Contracting” on the carpentry crew. Sometimes it can be dangerous for me and my friends. Once I was using a table saw to cut a 2 by 4  piece of wood, and out of nowhere, I felt a tug coming from Ethan, simultaneously I noticed that part of the saw blade had turned red. Ethan and Aidan each had a gash across them. I looked around for help but none was found until I saw five others. I did not recall all of their names, but two were Indian and one seemed British (Now, I know them as Nalini, Ansh, and Boaz.). I got their attention. After this, I ended up in a hospital that my less attentive compatriots happened to drive me to. On one hand, I gained three friends; on the other, two were saved. It was this close call that made me love my friends even more.

This sort of attachment leads to name calling. Most people call me weird because like I said previously, I don’t do anything without my friends since there is very little I can do without them. My friends even go to the bathroom with me. That may be crude, but as I have said they are very close to me, and I find them indispensable. I suspect it is my openness about topics such as this that make others uncomfortable.

By now I hope that I have driven the point home that my closest friends are my right-hand men. There once was a time in my life that I might have known more lefties. That time, however, would have been short-lived because my preschool teacher made me learn to write with my right hand, even though I was left-handed. Now though, I am glad that my preschool teacher introduced me to these friends because many devices in society are made for right-handed people. When I get ready to use one of these devices my friends always come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment