Monday, December 9, 2013

A Cup of Water

All I wanted was a cup of water. A cup full of water. I didn't enjoy  seeing people glare and make faces at me while I stood up to get it. They were so rude to me as if I did something outrageous. Something so dangerous that has never been done before been done. I think that they are all crazy. Just like every old person in this room. As I started to make my way to my  destination, people's expressions started  to change. They were horrified by what they saw. Some even tried to warn me by yelling with despair in their voices. Others tried to hold me back. But I wasn't going to let a few ugly faces and yells stop me from getting what I wanted. My throat started to burn so I quickened walked faster to relive the pain. All I could think of was that  every step got me closer to an ice-cold cup of water. The other passengers on the plane made  hurtful comments and I ignored them. If only I would have listened to their comments, I would still be alive today. If only I would have let them stop me from  heading towards that water fountain, I wouldn't have gotten a bacterial infection, and would have made it to my  daughter's wedding. If only I would of listened.


Nes, Alique Van. Impacts of Climate Change on Water Supply and Health. Digital image.IWRM as a Tool for Adaptation to Climate Change. Www.thewaterchannel.tv, n.d. Web. 09 Dec. 2013.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although this story should not be too funny, it still is, and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete