Friday, December 6, 2013

Sonder

 "New York City at Night." Iwallpaperfive. N.p., n.d. Web. 
http://www.iwallpapersfive.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/new-york-city-at-night-hd-new-york-city-broadway-night--hd-wallpaper-hd-wallpapers.jpg


SONDER

I’m sitting in traffic that may last about two kilometers. Large groups of pedestrians are walking across the streets, sidewalks, or entering or exiting buildings. A homeless man finds a place to rest for the night, setting up his new temporary home. I can see distant planes that are taking off from the terminal. Each and every one of these ‘passer-bys’ that I have witnessed walk, drive, or fly away from my view, are living as brilliant and complex lives as mine, maybe even more. This realization occurs to me every time I reach this lively area of the city. All around me is a never ending story of people with their own ambitions, routines and all around craziness. This epic story, like a web, may be never ending, and yet it forms connections in the most unthinkable ways. These lives that I see every day only appear to be an extra of my own story, just like I am an extra to theirs. I’m an addition to someone else’s view every second, from the casual passer-by in the sidewalk, or to the flicker of a light in the night sky as a plane soars above millions of more lives. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow Ayman good job! This is really deep. Made me think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the story! Good job! Hope to read more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, be sure to watch for any more of my stories!

      Delete