Thursday, December 5, 2013

Cold Floor





No matter how much I wanted to, I couldn’t do it.  There was no way I could possibly bring myself to a state of mind where it was ok. Everyone else does it, I thought. It didn’t help me at all. I turned over and pressed my pillow to my face. “ I refuse to get up”. My sister walked towards me and patted me on the leg.
“ Come on” she said “get up before you miss the bus.”
“No way,” I groaned into the pillow, trying to prolong the few moments of peace I had left before I was removed from my cocoon of warmth and happiness into the brutal world.  Like a baby being removed from its mother for the first time, I wanted to cry. I held in my tears as I placed my warm foot onto the cold, marble floor. In an instant, all the warmth and comfort was sucked out of my foot like a vacuum cleaner removing dust from small corners. Covering myself in my blanket I placed one foot next to the other. I felt completely empty. The cold and uncomfortable feelings pierced my soul. I stood up and took two steps forward. The cold floor is always the worst part.  The cold floor.
.
"Cherish." Cherish. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Dec. 2013.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great story writer! I love your descriptions... it's like watching a short film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your story Daniela! The repetition really adds a cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your story and the picture! Your writing is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to your story, which made me like it a lot. You are a great writer and it is a pleasure to read your stories. The photo you uploaded is very nice; it relates to the story, and yet it's a simple one. Good job, Daniela!

    ReplyDelete