Friday, December 6, 2013

Bad Breath



"Bad Breath? - Beauty, Make Up & More." Beauty, Make Up & More. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Dec. 2013.
I crawled out of my bed like a zombie from a movie and made my way to the bathroom in a lumbering way. I turned the knob on the shower to the hottest it could be and then just sat down. It was going to be one of those days. It was going to be a long day of education, going in one ear and out the other. I can already picture myself checking the clock every second in Spanish class, thinking that it will just magically turn to three o’clock. I turn the shower knob to cold in an attempt to wake myself up. I exit the bathroom shivering as I run back to my room and hop back into my cozy bed. I fall back to sleep. It’s now seven o’clock and I just wasted forty minutes sleeping when I could’ve been getting ready for school. I now only have 5 minutes to make it to the bus stop. I am now quickly putting on the first piece of clothing I see - clean or dirty. Could be clean or it could be dirty. It may match or it may not, but that is besides the point. I was in a rush. I pick up a blue school shirt, which I wore yesterday and was covered with obscure stains. Recklessly, I throw my books into my book bag and sprint out the door. “Did I remember to pack my protractor? Crap! I’m pretty sure I didn’t pack it. Whatever.” Midway to the bus stop I realize something that really bothered me. I didn’t brush my teeth. Right there and then I realize if I do not treat this problem my breath will smell bad.  I thought to myself, if I still have time to run back home. I wouldn’t even have to brush my teeth. A quick swig of Colgate mouthwash would do just fine.  It’s 7:04 now and the bus will be here any minute. Running back is not an option now. Someone must have gum on the bus. My breath was really starting to get to me now. If you can imagine eating sewer gunk, you would get my breath. I board the bus and immediately start asking every single person for gum. No one had gum and my breath still smelt horrible.  I took my seat on the bus still fatigued and fell into a deep slumber only to wake up at school with no gum and my breath still smelling bad.

7 comments: