Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thoughts

Sometimes when I go outside, I just have this urge to run. I want to be free. I want to be free from negative thoughts. I want to be free from stressing and worrying. I want to be free from everything. I look up at the stars. I stop thinking for a minute. Just a minute. That’s enough.

I start to realize all the blessings in my life. I think about the people I love. My friends. My family. I realize I have everything I need. And more. I have more than I need. I need to be happy with what I have. I need to be grateful.

Be grateful. Be happy. Be free.

But then, is anyone really grateful? Is there anyone who doesn’t want more?

Thoughts. Thoughts all around me.

I keep running until I reach a deep forest of scary noises and shadows. I enter the forest. Why am I not scared? What am I doing?

Thoughts. Thoughts everywhere.

I keep running. Further and further into the forest. I look up at the sky again. The stars are so beautiful. They look like they’re staring at me.

Thoughts. Thoughts always following me.

I keep running. It’s dark and ghostly and I can’t see where I’m stepping. Suddenly, I stop. I stop and think. Why am I running? Is this a solution to my problems?

Thoughts. Thoughts all around me.

I stare into the dark. No. This is not the solution. I need to go back. I need to go back. I need to go back.

Thoughts. Thoughts everywhere.

No, keep running. I need to get away. I need to stop thinking for a minute. Just a minute. That will be enough.

Thoughts. Thoughts always following me.

I suddenly see a bright light in the distance. I see someone in the light. It’s a fairy. She slowly walks towards me and takes my hand.


Be grateful. Be happy. Be free.


21 comments:

  1. I really love the short sentences. They make the story amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story Martzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story, I like the feel you gave by repeating the thoughts thoughts. I also really like the ending coming from nowhere and leaving sort of open

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful story! I loved the inspirational message behind it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your story Marta!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I really love how dramatic the short sentences were. They leave a great impression for the reader. I love how the runner is confused, and conflicting with him/herself. It's a beautiful story and you chose a great picture. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was really good and dramatic! The repeating sentences about the thoughts really added an amazing effect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Story!!! I really like your story! Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete