Friday, December 6, 2013

Lost

“Lost”

I gaze around the newsroom with my sad eyes. It’s the same as ever. Anxious people run around in a room illuminated by LCD screens and the glister of the glass doors. And in the centre of this history-producing room, I lifelessly stand. I am entirely numb and unresponsive to all the chaos; instead, I am immersed in my own desperate thoughts. Love has never been my forte. But I thought that maybe, just maybe, it could work out with her. It hurts to know how wrong I was. An emotional investment is rarely profitable; all you ever get in return is a fruit basket of tears, disappointments, heartbreak, and to top it all off, acute depression. I cannot carry on with my days knowing that she’s living freely and happily whilst I try and cope with the sharp blades of glass constantly piercing my mind. Thus, I make my first movements of the day. I spread my arms at shoulder high with struggle, but close my eyes and tilt my head back with ease. I lean back on my heels and just let myself go. This time, however, I hope there is no one at the end of my “trust” fall. 




Sedgeman, Judy. "Sad Gray Person Standing Alone Near A Crowd Of Different Colored | Peace of Mind Matters." Peace of Mind Matters. WordPress, 15 Jan. 2012. Web. 06 Dec. 2013.

19 comments:

  1. I really like your story. Your story inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your story Mark! You are an amazing writer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job mark! :) Love the ending and the inner conflict of the character. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Waverly! I'm happy you enjoyed it. Your story was great, too!

      Delete
  4. The last part was really good, and so was the whole story overall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shresth! I haven't read your story yet so I can't say anything in return, but I'm off to read it now. I'm sure it'll be great.

      Delete
  5. I like this story, there is a deeper meaning of teaching. My eyes are open thinking the feeling is just believing. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Your story was just as good, if not better!

      Delete
  6. you're amazing! you should write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can you trust fall if there's no one to trust? Awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What a paradox! Good question, Gilad. Also, thanks! I'm off to read yours now. I'm sure it's great.

      Delete
  8. I am sincerely flabbergasted by your stupendously masterful use of words.
    My compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just wanna tell you that i LOVE this story

    ReplyDelete